No doubt about it: 2020 was a tough year. The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted our daily lives. For many, it caused unbearable pain, suffering, and loss. However, Goodfellows, Kokomo Fraternal Order of Police 078 Cops4Kidz Partnered with Goodfellows, and Goodfellows/Marine Corps Toys for Tots made children feel special this Christmas.
Goodfellows purchased clothing for 1,772 children during the 2020 Christmas season. That is an increase of more than 600 children from 2019. That number highlights the economic damage the pandemic caused our community. However, as they have in past tragedies, people in our community stepped to the plate and lent a hand – physically and monetarily.
From the Board of Directors
The volunteer Goodfellows board of directors thank the organizations and volunteers who got the job done in 2020. The Board of Directors include:
- President Kim Graves,
- Vice-President Bill Gaunt,
- Treasurer Gloria Spears,
- Secretary John Wiles,
- Katie Auten,
- David Barnes,
- Tristan Clouthier,
- Susan Cone,
- Bryan Ellis,
- Susan Harding, and
- Sherry Rahl
This year’s success would not have been possible without:
- We Care, its volunteers, and donors;
- Kohl’s and its hard-working employees; and
- Long-time Goodfellows volunteers, including
- members of UAW Local 685 and UAW Local 1166,
- Kokomo Fraternal Order of Police 078,
- Emergency Management Agency,
- Community Howard Regional Health,
- Club Kokomo Road Runners,
- local Marine Corps League,
- Kokomo High School’s women’s golf team and coach,
- Wallace Elementary School of Integrated Arts teachers,
- Woodland Church of God, and
- 28 high school seniors from all five Howard County high schools.
Finally, Goodfellows also thanks The Kokomo Perspective for reviving an old tradition of publishing donations to Goodfellows. Individuals and businesses donated to Goodfellows anonymously or in memory of a loved one in November and December. The Kokomo Perspective published the donation and if requested, the loved one’s name in a column. Goodfellows was solely responsible for collecting donations and preparing a list for publication in The Kokomo Perspective.
Donors can contribute to Goodfellows anytime by writing a check to Goodfellows of Kokomo, Inc. and mailing it to: P.O. Box 6845 Kokomo, IN 46904. Or donors can donate online or use one of our other donation options found here.
Cheers to all and we wish better years ahead.
John Wiles, Goodfellows of Kokomo, Inc. Board Secretary