Goodfellows, Kokomo Fraternal Order of Police 078’s Cops 4 Kidz Partnered with Goodfellows, and Goodfellows/Marine Corps Toys for Tots brought smiles to 1,442 children last Christmas.
During the 2021 Christmas season, Goodfellows registered and vetted 632 applications. Stellantis adopted 40 applicants with 101 children and five organizations and families adopted seven clients with 17 children. Goodfellows purchased clothing for Cops 4 Kidz partnered with Goodfellows’ 98 clients with 243 children, 15 Bona Vista clients, and Goodfellows’ 428 clients with 1,081 children.
From the Board of Directors
The volunteer Goodfellows board of directors thank the organizations and volunteers who got the job done in 2020. The Board of Directors include:
- President Kim Graves,
- Vice-President Bill Gaunt,
- Treasurer Gloria Spears,
- Secretary John Wiles,
- Katie Auten,
- Tristan Clouthier,
- Susan Cone,
- Bryan Ellis,
- Susan Harding, and
- Sherry Rahl
Goodfellows bringing smiles to children this year would not have been possible without:
- We Care, its volunteers, and donors;
- Kohl’s and its hard-working employees; and
- Long-time Goodfellows volunteers, including:
- members of UAW Local 685 and UAW Local 1166,
- Kokomo Fraternal Order of Police 078 and Auxiliary,
- Howard County Emergency Management Agency,
- Albert E. Shockey Detachment Marine Corps League,
- Marine Corps unit at Grissom Air Force Reserve Base,
- Kokomo High School’s women’s golf team and coach,
- Noon Kiwanis Club,
- Indiana University-Kokomo baseball team, and
- high school seniors and juniors from all five Howard County high schools.
Goodfellows also thanks former Goodfellows recipient, Martha Warner, who created its new website and online registration program. Martha was a single mother of three when Goodfellows helped her. Since that time, Martha has earned bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Indiana University, became a teacher, and started her own company Martha Warner, LLC, which features consulting, editing, educating, and writing. Martha continues to provide Goodfellows with outstanding technical support. You can contact Martha at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out her website at www.marthawarner.org.
Donors can contribute to Goodfellows anytime by writing a check to Goodfellows of Kokomo, Inc. and mailing it to: P.O. Box 6845 Kokomo, IN 46904. Or donors can donate online or use one of our other donation options found here.
Cheers to all and we wish better years ahead.
John Wiles, Goodfellows of Kokomo, Inc. Board Secretary